About Solar@homeSolar@home is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to make more efficient solar cells. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.
Solar@home is based at the University of Houston and is part of the Bittner Research Group. Key personnel include
- Prof. Eric R. Bittner
- Dr. Anne Goj
- Robert Paredez
- Allen Kelley
- Krishna Mohan
- Steven Houle
- Read our rules and policies
- This project uses BOINC. If you're already running BOINC, select Attach to Project. If not, download BOINC.
- When prompted, enter
- If you're running a command-line or pre-5.0 version of BOINC, create an account first.
- If you have any problems, get help here.
- Your account - view stats, modify preferences
- Teams - create or join a team